Designed for junior handgun enthusiasts (ages 8 - 14) to learn the essentials of handgun safety and shooting techniques. Course curriculum:
1. Introduction to handgun design - how do guns work?
2. Introduction to handgun calibers - rimfire and centerfire calibers.
3. Handgun safety general principles - how to hold, carry and shoot a handgun.
4. Laser pistol practice - Glock-like laser trainer to learn basic aiming and shooting skills.
5. Live-fire pratice - rimfire shooting at stationery targets.
Maximum participants: 2.
Course Time: 40 minutes
Firearms, ammunition and safety gear supplied by Ware Shooting Academy.
Please call wekdays 12 noon - 5 p.m. to schedule your session: 413-967-7456. Bring your purchase confirmation email to the session.
Junior shooter must be accompanied by responsible adult.
The purpose of the Ware Shooting Academy is to teach handgun shooting skills to diverse and motivated individuals. These skills can be summarized as follows:
1. Understanding design and operation of handguns.
2. Safe handling, loading, cleaning, storage and carry of handguns.
3. Effective shooting based on accuracy and time of delivery.
4. Go - NoGo decisions on handgun use in critical situations.
In addition to acquiring handgun shooting competence, the Academy curriculum also enhances confidence, decision-making and self-awareness.